Donate TODAY and help us bring Safe, Local Access to Oceanside!
Oceanside for a Safer Community
Oceanside for a Safer Community was formed by cannabis patients and activists with the sole purpose of repealing the medical marijuana bans in the City of Oceanside.
Our goal is to establish sensible regulations so patients have access to safe, affordable medicine with tough lab testing standards, while keeping our kids and neighborhoods safe by moving cannabis off the streets and into a controlled environment.
Protecting our KIDS
Protecting CITY SERVICES
INITIATIVE BULLET POINTS
- Establishes sensible regulations for the sale of medical marijuana, and provides patients access to safe, affordable medicine with tough lab testing standards, while keeping our kids and neighborhoods safe by requiring state ID with proof of age to purchase any medical marijuana product.
- Keeps medical marijuana businesses out of our neighborhoods and 1000 ft. from any school or beach, and 600 ft. from any public park or library.
- Medical Marijuana dispensaries will pay 6% tax on Gross Sales.
- Medical Marijuana cultivation facilities will pay $3.00 per oz. of finished marijuana product.
- Medical Marijuana nurseries will pay $3.00 per sq. ft. of donor plant canopy space.
- All medical marijuana businesses will pay an annual minimum tax of $1,000.00
- Licenses will be issued via Point System.
- All medical marijuana businesses will adhere to the strict standards of the States MMRSA law.
- All medical marijuana businesses will be required to have security cameras as well as a fire and burglar alarm system that is monitored by a company 24/7.
- Dispensaries will be limited to 10 at the least, and 13 at the most throughout the city.
- A “Task Force” will be created in order to oversee and advise the council regarding any issues that may arise from the new medical marijuana activities.
- A Liaison from each medical marijuana business will be designated to work with the city manager regarding any complaints or problems with a medical marijuana business.
- Only cultivation locations intending to be compliant with MMRSA Type 1A, 2A, 3A and 4 state cultivation licenses will be permitted.
- Each cultivation facility shall maintain and operate an electronic point of sale plant tracking system compliant with the MMRSA.
- All medical marijuana will be labeled as required by the MMRSA.
- All medical marijuana product will be sent to a licensed distributor to process, test and distribute as required by the MMRSA.
- All medical marijuana businesses will allow inspections by Health, Fire and Police during normal business hours.
- All medical marijuana businesses will be open during the hours of 8am and 9pm only.
Long Term Effects
Some studies have shown that heavy marijuana use starting in the early teens has an impact on the brain, while other studies have shown no impact. What is clear is that much more research is needed.
A 2014 study of 2,600 young people found that when taking into account socio-economic factors such as environment, poverty, poor nutrition, parenting style, mental health, and alcohol use, the association between moderate marijuana use and IQ largely disappears. Still, it is strongly recommended that teens not use marijuana, as their brains are still developing, and in particular the part of the brain that controls emotional development can be sensitive
There is no definitive evidence that marijuana causes some psychiatric disorders in otherwise healthy individuals. Most tellingly, rates of schizophrenia and other psychiatric illnesses have remained flat even during periods of time when marijuana use rates have increased. This is not to say that there is no relationship between psychoactive substances and mental functioning. Some effects of marijuana use can include feelings of panic, anxiety and paranoia, but these effects are temporary.
We value our committed supporters and ask that you help by supporting Oceanside for a Safer Community Today!
Whether its just YOU or YOUR BUSINESS, Show your support by being added to our List!
Contact us and ask to be Added to our List of Supporters or Volunteers! Get Involved Today and Help Make a Difference!
If you would like to be an advocate with us, Volunteer today and help us repeal the medical marijuana ban in the city of Oceanside!
Oceanside, CA 92054